AG1 Newsletter 1/19
Outstanding performance by AG1 athletes at the Winter Wonderland meet this past weekend! Gabby and I are so proud, and it was awesome to watch swimmers chasing new cut times and winning "HOT HEATS!!!" Well done, guys!
Shout out to our new NCSA qualifiers: Frank Albergo, Kasey Anderson, Ian Filter Melendez, and Victor Pan. Time to book your seats on the plane to Orlando!
Fantastic 200 Fly swim by Sadie Davidoff! She made her first Senior Met cut! Way to go Girl!
Congratulations to new Junior Olympic qualifiers: Maya Peitler, Andrew Quach, and Summer Strabuk. Keep up your hard work!
Hats off to our big boys: Reid O'Connell and Ryan Baldwin. Reid took an opportunity to set two Metropolitan records in the 200 IM and 200 Backstroke. Reid's 200 IM ranks him 10th among 11-12-year-old boys and is his highest ranking on the All-Time Top Age Group in US history! His 200 Backstroke ranks him 17th and is the second-highest-ranking in Reid's swimming career. Ryan broke his own 11-12 team record in the 200 Fly earning him the 22nd fastest swim among 11-12 boys of All-Time swims in the country!
WAC "Everyone is Invited" meet:
Attached below is an updated WAC entry file. Please review the entries with your swimmers and let me know by Friday, 1/21, if you have any questions or concerns.
Practice schedule for the rest of this week:
Thursday, 1/20 – Normal
Friday, 1/21 – 5:45 to 7:15 am at the Freedom pool, no dryland that day.
Sunday, 1/23 - Normal
I am going away on Friday night and will be back at the practice on Sunday, 1/29. All questions or concerns related to AG1 athletes have to be addressed to Gabby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since I will be away, there will be no drylands offered next week. Please encourage your kids to do 2-3 workouts posted on our website https://www.longislandswimming.com/dryland-workouts.html. Swimmers can choose any 3 of 5 workouts posted on the LIAC website.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.
Head Age Group Coach
AG1 Newsletter 1/11
I hope you all stay safe and healthy.
Tuesday/ Thursday - Normal
Friday: 4:15 - 4:45 pm Dryland, 5:00 - 6:30 pm Swim
Monday 1/17 - Martin Luthern King Day: 8:15 - 8:50 am Dryland, 9:00 - 10:30 am Swim
Winter Wonderland meet:
Attached to this email, you will find a final AG1 entry file.
Athletes are welcome to wear their tech suits and should wear a RED - LIAC t-shirt on Saturday and BLUE on Sunday.
Additional meet information for Winter Wonderland will go out in a few days.
That is all I have, for now, looking forward to a great weekend of racing. Thank you for all your support!
SWIM FAST! SWIM LIAC!
AG1 Newsletter 1/4
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year and winter break.
This email has a few announcements:
1. We have returned to our regular schedule for practices and drylands.
2. Wednesday 1/5 morning practice will be at the Freedom Pool from 5:45 am - 7:15 am.
3. COVID is still here, and we must remain steadfast in our vigilance. Remember, all athletes must have a mask and a plastic bag with their name on for their masks for practice.
4. We are working on competition opportunities as we enter 2022. Attached to my email, you will find UPDATED AG1 Winter Wonderland meet Entries. Please carefully look at your athlete's entries. Some of them will be swimming in the OPEN session. Please let me know ASAP if you have any questions or concerns, so I have time to make changes.
5. On the AG1 meet schedule, we have listed "AGUA MLK" and "PAC Winter Invite." We won't participate in these meets. The next meet will be the "WAC All Invite" in New Haven, CT, the weekend of February 11-13th.
6. Finally, outside feels like winter. Closed shoes, warm jackets, extra layers, hats, and gloves are highly encouraged.
That is all for today's update! Stay safe, smart, and healthy!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
USA Swimming Olympic Trial Qualifiers
LIAC Safe Sport Coordinators
Keith Green: email@example.com
Gabi Sofia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578
Contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport to make a report. Call (720) 524-5640 or use the online reporting form or find more information at: http://www.uscenterforsafesport.org/