Here we are at the end of another month. I can’t believe September went by so fast. It feels like summer just got started, but autumn is just around the corner. As we look toward the next few months, not knowing what is yet to come, I do know that the weather will be getting cooler, and it’s time to get the warm clothes out of our closets. Please remind your athletes to pack warm jackets or have their parkas so that they can wear them after practice. The nights are getting chili.
The AG1 Time Trial results, the meet announcement, and AG1's entry report for the AGUA Season Starter meet are attached. As I previously mentioned, there is no proof of vaccine requirement. There will be no spectators, but they will live stream the meet.
Practice Schedule changes this week:
Wednesday-Friday: Regular practice
We do have a dryland session 5:45 - 6:30 pm today. Running shoes and workout clothes are a must!
Sunday (10/2)- NO Practice. LIAC Coaching staff is attending the Eastern States Swim Clinics in PA.
That is all I have for this week.
I hope you had a pleasant and relaxing weekend. Thank you for coming to the Harbes Orchard farm! It was a pleasure to meet you all. I had such a great time with our kids playing corn hole, picking apples, and finding the correct answers at the Robin Hood corn maze.
Monday through Friday, the AG1 practice schedule is regular this week, including dryland session 5:45 - 6:30 pm on Wednesday. All athletes are expected to wear running shoes and workout attire!
Tonight at 8:45 pm, Gabby and I are hosting a Zoom Parent Meeting for AG1 & AG2 families. Our meeting should not take longer than 30 minutes. We would like to introduce ourselves to the new members, discuss our expectations and goals for this season and go over the 2022-2023 Short Course Meet Schedule.
LIAC Intrasquad Time Trial:
We are excited to have the first LIAC Intrasquad time trial on Sunday, 9/25. Attached to this email, you will find the AG1 Time trial report. I will send you additional information with the warm-up and start times in the next few days.
I am looking forward to having you at the meeting tonight.
I hope you had a pleasant weekend. Here are a few updates for the AG1 group for this week:
Mondays: 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
Wednesdays: 5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
Please remind your athletes to wear proper attire for the dryland sessions. They should wear workout clothes and running shoes.
3. As we are slowly increasing our training, I want to remind you that proper hydration is critical for athletes who want to feel and perform their best.
Water is the most accessible and most affordable way to hydrate, and it:
• Improves athletic performance and reduces recovery time
• Helps every system in the body function better
• Minimizes risk of injury and muscle cramping
• Better regulates the body’s temperature
Make sure your swimmers grab their water bottles before they leave the house.
4. We understand some athletes are still in the process of getting the required equipment for the group. Please clearly label your athlete's name on their equipment.
5. We will have a virtual parent meeting later in the month and will update you on a date soon.
6. As the Fall is quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun for our kids to go apple picking and experience some fall activities before the meet season kicks off. This Saturday, 9/17, we plan to go to Harbes Orchard at 5698 Sound Avenue in Riverhead. You should’ve received an email with the details yesterday. Please let me know if you didn’t get it.
That is all I have at this time.
Have a peaceful week.
Gabby, Natalie & Gabi
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
USA Swimming Olympic Trial Qualifiers
LIAC Safe Sport Coordinators
Keith Green: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabi Sofia: email@example.com
Contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578
Contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport to make a report. Call (720) 524-5640 or use the online reporting form or find more information at: http://www.uscenterforsafesport.org/