THANK YOU all for a WONDERFUL Chappy's Big Race!! This meet means a lot to our program (and me personally) and it was so refreshing to be able to let loose and have some spirited fun at this meet again for the first time since 2019. Thanks for the great fun during spirit week and at the meet. I hope everyone had a blast and swam fast!
Updated best time reports are attached including Chappy results!
Lots of stuff for you this week...
Tuesday 10/26 -
A Group (Normal Tuesday Group) will swim 3:45 pm - 5:15 pm
B Group (Normal Thursday Group) will swim 5:15 pm - 6:45 pm
Wednesday 10/27 - NORMAL AM Practice
Thursday 10/28 - ALL AG2 OFF
Friday 10/29 - NORMAL 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm Practice
Sunday 10/31 - 9:30 am - 11:30 am (BIG WORKOUT before the candy!!)
Virginia Meet Entries:
Entries are attached to this email. Please review the events your athlete is swimming in and remember we are limited in number of spots/entries per event per gender per age.
November 7th Time Trial:
Entries are attached to this email. I reviewed athletes and put those who are close to Buffalo cuts in events they are close to as this will be the last possible chance to qualify for Buffalo. Athletes already who have qualified I entered in events that they are close to for additional events. I am taking requests for changes to these events until Thursday at noon.
Events offered for 10 Unders at the time trial are 100 Free, 50 Fly, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 100 Back, 50 Free,
Events offered for 11 Overs at the time trial are 200 Free, 50 Fly, 50 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Back, 50 Breast, 100 IM, 50 Free.
Best Times 100 Frees:
We will be doing a set tonight (Tuesday 10/26) that will require athletes to know their best 100 Free time. Please review the attached with their best 100 Free and have them know it before coming to the pool!
That is all for this week. Please let me know if you have any questions! I have received a few regarding dryland. AG2 practice is tricky regarding dryland but Gabi and I are working to see what we can offer for AG2.
Dom, Gabi, Verny
Fun start to Spirit Week yesterday! Fitting for the theme that we had practice extra early on a Sunday morning!
Today is 'Merica Monday! Sport the Red, White, and Blue! Have your swimmres save their stuff for this weekend! We always rep our Red, White, and Blue at our sessions of Chappy's!
A reminder that practice today, Monday 10/18 is different.
Tuesday Group - AG2-A will swim 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm only.
Thursday Group - AG2-B will swim 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm only.
This schedule change was due to a mis-scheduling in the Aquatic Center.
Our schedule for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday is normal. Friday, 10/22 our practice will only be an hour in prep for Chappy's from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
Chappy's Big Race:
Additional meet information for Chappy's will go out later this week...but sessions for our athletes looks generally like this:
11-12s: (Both Days - Saturday wear LIAC RED, Sunday wear LIAC BLUE)
Meet EndAround 10:15 am10&Unders: (Both Days - Saturday wear LIAC RED, Sunday wear LIAC BLUE)
Meet EndAround 12:30 pmAdditional Items for This Week:
Virginia Meet swimmers have been notified of their invitation. Hotel info will be distributed by the LIAC Billing/Travel Department.
Those not attending the Virginia meet will be entered in the Sunday, 11/7 Time Trial at the Freedom Pool. Details on that to follow.
That is all for this week! Our practice schedule through November is now posted on the website. Please check dates that indicate "ALTERED SCHEDULE" they may affect our group, they may not. But always helpful to check for planning purposes!
Thanks and feel free to reach out with any questions!
Dom, Gabi and Verny
We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! A few important items for this week:
1. Meet sheets are due tomorrow, Tuesday, 9/21. I have roughly half of the group so far and want to get started on some of our earlier meets ASAP. Reminder, that if no meet sheet is submitted, your athlete will be entered in all meets that they qualify for.
2. We have two schedule changes this week:
4. We have our first intrasquad meet on Sunday! Warm-up, start time, entries will be distributed later this week with more information!
That is all for now, any questions that you feel would be beneficial to the parent meeting, please let me know!
Dom, Gabi, and Verny
We hope you had a pleasant weekend. Here is your update for this week for LIAC AG2.
1. Our Sunday 9/19 practice has been moved to Saturday 9/18 from 3:15 pm - 4:45 pm. There will not be a Sunday workout. The roads around the Aquatic Center will be closed Sunday due to the LI Marathon. This change is for this week only. Our up-to-date schedule is always available on our website here: https://www.longislandswimming.com/liac-main-calendar.html
2. We understand some athletes are still in the process of getting the required equipment for the group. Please clearly label your athletes name on their equipment.
3. We will have a virtual parent meeting later in the month and will update you on a date in the near future.
4. The meet schedule will be available by the end of this week for the short course season (through March 2022).
That is all for this week, thanks!
Dom, Gabi, and Verny
USA Swimming Olympic Trial Qualifiers
LIAC Safe Sport Coordinators
Keith Green: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabi Sofia: email@example.com
Contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578
Contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport to make a report. Call (720) 524-5640 or use the online reporting form or find more information at: http://www.uscenterforsafesport.org/